Soft and fluffy on the inside with a decadent festive topping to impress all your spooky guests.
Give 'em Pumpkin to talk about with these Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio's Halloween Pumpkin Mini Cakes. Soft and fluffy in the inside with a decadent festive topping to impress all your spooky guests.
For the cake sponge
- 100g Rich Dark Sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 70g dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp milk
For the filling
- 120g butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest only
Roll Out Icing, for the stems and leaves of the pumpkins
- Orange colouring
- Gold shimmer dust (optional)
- Materials - mini bundt baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180C /Fan160C/Gas 4. Make sure the mini bundt cake tray is well greased.
- To make the cupcakes, cream the Rich Dark Sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour, melted chocolate and milk to form a batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the tray and bake for about 8 to 11 minutes until cooked i.e. when a skewer is inserted in and it comes out clean. Allow them to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely before sandwiching them together.
- To make the butter cream, cream the butter, Icing Sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and orange zest together until smooth and light.
- To assemble, when the cakes are cold, to form a "pumpkin", sandwich the bases of two mini cakes together with the buttercream.
- Knead an orange colour paste into the Roll Out Icing Sugar. Shape out 6 pumpkin stems and leaves to decorate the cakes.
- Place on the "pumpkins" and dust with golden shimmer.
Recipe courtesy of Siúcra.