Celebrate the end of lent with a decadent slice of cake!
- 6 medium eggs
- 320g caster sugar
- 320g ground almonds
- 35g cornflour
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 80g walnuts chopped
- 320g carrots, peeled & grated (using the largest side of a hand grater)
- 300g unsalted butter
- 300g icing sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 100g cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- Grease and line 2×9" round loose bottom tins. Set aside
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine using a wooden spoon until you are left with a soft batter.
- Divide this mix evenly between the two tins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and combine. Do not over mix at this point.
- Sandwich and cover the cooled sponges with the frosting and decorate with some festive Easter decoration and enjoy!