JP Mc Mahon's Panfried Trout with Wild Garlic & Hazelnut Pesto, Pink Fir Potatoes.
- Fillets of trout
- A few springs of rosemary
- 150g wild garlic, washed
- 75g hazelnuts, toasted
- 75g good quality farmhouse cheddar, cubed
- 250 ml extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Cider vinegar, to taste
- Sea salt
- Pesto, to serve
- Butter, for basting
For the potatoes
- Clean the potatoes & place on a roasting tray, drizzle with rapeseed oil, sea salt, a few sprigs of rosemary and a few cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Roast 180 C for 45min.
For the wild garlic and hazelnut pesto
- Place the wild garlic and the oil in a food processor.
- Blend roughly and then add the hazelnuts and the cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Season with sea salt and vinegar.
For the fish
- Pan fry the fish fillets, skin side down, basting with butter.
- Serve the fish on a warmed place, drizzled with pesto with the potatoes in a serving bowl on the side.