JP McMahon's dressed crab on brown bread: Today
- 500g crabmeat
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- handful of mixed herbs (dill, fennel, chervil, chive), finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthways on a mandolin
- sea salt
- 4/ 8 slices of brown bread
- dill / herb oil to garnish
- Pick through the crab in order to ensure that there are no bones or cartilage in the meat.
- In a bowl, mix the crab with the mayonnaise and the chopped herbs.
- Grate the rind of the lemon into the crab mix.
- Juice the lemon and mix the lemon juice into the crab.
- Season to taste and check that the balance between the salt and the lemon is correct accordingly.
- Place the bread onto a plate and spoon crab on top.
- Curl the cucumber into cylinders and place on either side of the crab.
- Drizzle with some dill / herb oil.