- 2 free range duck breasts, inner fillet removed
- 2 plums, stoned & cut in eight slices each
- 200ml sherry a few sprigs of chervil sea salt
- Sherry vinegar (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Score the fat side of each duck breast and cut in half. Season with salt.
- Warm a frying pan and place the breast into it skin side down.
- Cook until the fat is rendered and the skin is a crisp brown colour.
- Turn the duck over and fry on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Place duck in the oven on an oven tray for 5 minutes.
- In another pan, caramelize the plums on medium heat. After a few minutes, add the sherry and reduce by half on medium heat. Add a dash of sherry vinegar to taste.
- Remove the duck from the oven (it will be medium rare: if you want to cook it more leave it in for longer) and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Carve the duck into thin slices and season with some salt.
- To serve: Divide the plum sauce onto four plates and place the sliced duck on top. Garnish with some sprigs of chervil.