This dessert looks absolutely mouth-watering.
- 200g sponge fingers
- 500ml good quality coffee
- 150ml vin santo or other sweet dessert wine
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 750g mascarpone
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 100g of sugar and 50ml of the sweet wine until pale and fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone and beat until a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff peaks. Add the 50g of sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
- Combine the two egg mixtures.
- Add the remaining wine into the coffee.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture and layer in a suitable tray. Cover this layer with half the egg mixture and then repeat the process again.
- Finally, dust the top with the cocoa powder.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.