This would do nicely as a Christmas starter!
Serves: 4 people
- 20 Langoustine prawns – cooked & shelled
- 300 g crab meat
- 2 gem lettuce-
- 1 shallot (small dice)
- 1 apple (small dice)
- 1 lemon- zested & juiced
- 1 tsp horseradish
- A little chervil or basil for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 20 ml Jameson
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Finely shred 1 of the gem lettuces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the shallot, apple, horseradish, crab & lemon.
- Equally divide into four cocktail glasses.
- For the sauce: Place the egg yolk in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice & smoked paprika.
- Very slowly add the oil once incorporated add the Jameson & black pepper.
- Give a generous spoonful in each glass.
- Place 5 prawns in each glass. Garnish with a little chervil or basil & serve with a slice of lemon.