Karen Coakley's Cardamom and Rose Scented Slow Roast Shoulder of Kerry Lamb
- 10 cardamom pods
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tsp rose petals
- ½ tumeric
- ½,tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 shoulder of lamb approx 2.5kg
- Grind the 1st five ingredients in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder then add the remaining spices and salt.
- Score the lamb and rub the spice mix all over.
- Marinate overnight or for at least a few hours. Remove from the fridge 1 hr before roasting to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Place the meat in a roasting tray and add 1 cup of water. Cover with tin foil and place in a preheated oven 150degs for approx 3 to 4 hrs.