A tasty dinner that can meal that can be whipped up in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 3 chicken fillets - sliced
- 2 table spoons of Hoisin sauce
- 175g Basmati rice
- 100g of baby leaf spinach finely sliced
- 150g Broccoli broken up into small florets
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- If you have time, put the Basmati rice into the saucepan and cover with water, allow to soak for 20 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- If you don’t have time cook the basmati by putting in a saucepan and covering with cold water twice as much water as rice, bring to the boil and simmer from about 10 minutes until almost cooked. Then add the peas and broccoli to the pan, cook for a further 3 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a large colander, rinse, then strain the rice, broccoli and peas on top of the rice – this will wilt the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over a medium to hot heat.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic and stir-fry, then add the chicken – continue to stir-fry. Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the hoisin sauce, Add the rice, spinach broccoli and peas to the pan and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide between four bowls or plates and enjoy.