A delicious dish to delight any dinner guest.
- 2 large lamb rump or 4 small
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 tbsp sea salt
For the asparagus:
- 10-12 asparagus spears, blanched
- 12 slices of serrano ham
- 1-2 tsp olive oil, for frying
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 roasted red pepper. Sliced
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, torn
- In a large dish place the ground cinnamon, hot paprika, sliced garlic, rosemary sprigs, extra virgin olive oil and grated lemon zest. Mix well together.
- Place the lamb into the marinade and coat well. Cover in cling film and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to allow the lamb to marinade.
- Remove the lamb 30 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C, (fan 160⁰C), 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until smoking hot. Sprinkle some olive oil onto the base of the pan. Remove the lamb from the marinade and season the flesh with sea salt.
- Gently place the lamb, flesh side down on the smoking hot pan and season the other side. Sprinkle over remaining marinade.
- Seal the lamb for 2-3 minutes on each side. Spoon over the oil. Once a nice colour is achieved place the lamb in an oven proof dish and place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes for pink, for well done allow 18-20 minutes in the oven.
- For the asparagus, using the blanched asparagus gently roll the ends in a slice of serrano ham. Repeat as required.
- Heat a frying pan with some olive oil. Gently place the rolled asparagus in the heated pan and add in the chopped roasted peppers. Season well.
- Reduce the heat once the serrano ham has become crispy. Add in the flat leaf parsley.
- Slice the lamb rump and served with the serrano wrapped asparagus.