This salad is also wonderful served with mozzarella or pieces of smoked eel scattered over the salad at the last moment.
- I small ruby beetroot
- 1 small golden beetroot
- 8 thin slices of black radish if available ( sliced on a mandolin)
- 4 plump red radishes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 4-8 mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons elderflower cordial
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients and taste and correct seasoning.
- Shave the beets and radishes into thin slices on a mandolin to the same thickness as the black radish.
- Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half of the vinaigrette, mix well and taste to correct seasoning.
- Divide the beets and radishes between 4 plates arranging them as prettily as possible. Break the mint into small pieces over each salad.
- Sprinkle over the horseradish and finish each salad with a further drizzle of the vinaigrette.