Rory O'Connell's Fresh Strawberry Popsicles
Makes (18fl oz/2 1/4 cups) or 6 x 3fl oz (1/2 cup) popsicles
- 400g (14oz) fresh strawberries
- lemon juice
- 150ml (5floz) Stock Syrup
Makes 28 fl oz (825 ml/3 1/2 cups)
- 350g (12oz/1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 600ml (1 pint/2 1/2 cups) water
- Clean and hull the strawberries, put into a liquidiser or food processor and blend. Strain, taste and add lemon juice and stock syrup.
- Pour into 75ml (3floz) popsicle moulds and freeze for 3 - 4 hours
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes then allow it to cool.
- Store in the fridge until needed.