A chicken and broccoli bake for the whole family.
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 head broccoli
- 200g bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g toasted hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 onion
White bechamel sauce
- 100g butter
- 100g flour
- 800ml milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 100g parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Dice the chicken into cubes and brown off in a hot pan
- Set aside.
- In another pan sweat off your onions and garlic and add the cut broccoli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into a small baking tray.
- Make the white sauce by melting the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for a minute and gradually add the milk(as to not lump up)
- Add 1/2 parmesan and nutmeg and simmer gently for 10mins.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the 2beaten eggs.
- Pour over the bechamel into the baking tray and sprinkle over the toasted hazelnuts.
- Put the breadcrumbs on top and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad.