Tonight on Grow Cook Eat, Jack Kirwan's makes his crispy fried mackerel with a trio of beetroot and horseradish tzatziki, picked beet cubes, and sauteed mini beets.
Total Cook Time: 20 Mins
Serves 2 people
- Fresh Mackerel fillets x6 (Pin boned)
- Baby Beetroots x 6 parboiled
- 1 x large Pre cooked beetroot
- 125 ml Yoghurt
- 1 tsp fresh Horseradish grated
- 1 x Garlic Clove
- 1 x Lemon, Juice of
- 50 ml Maple syrup
- 125 g Parsley
- 125g Lovage
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 100ml & Sunflower oil
- 1 large or two small beetroots peeled and diced
- 100g White Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds,
- 100g caster sugar
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil, then cool. Add the beet to this mix and leave overnight.
- Take your ingredients and add into a blender and blitz. Add grated horseradish and seasoning.
- Pick the herb leaf off the stalks and add to the olive oil with the garlic. Blend for 7 minutes until the color is a vibrant green.
- Halve the baby beetroots and sauté in a pan with some oil. Heat through and keep warm
- Add olive oil to the pan and cook on the skin side until crispy. Once crispy, turn the mackerel and cook lightly on the flesh side.
- Plate up the beetroot elements with the crispy mackerel on top, dress with the herb oil.