Mix things up with Mark Moriarty's quinoa paella with roasted shellfish.
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g chorizo sausage, diced
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 tin anchovies
- 3 litres chicken/shellfish stock
- 1 large pinch saffron
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 500g quinoa
- 1 squid tube, sliced into rings
- 24 prawn tails, shelled
- 500g mussels, cleaned
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 lobster tail, cooked and diced (optional)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In a large ovenproof pot, heat some olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary, tarragon, chorizo and a tin of anchovies and cook over a medium heat until softened.
- Increase the heat slightly before adding the smoked paprika, saffron and quinoa.
- Cook for 1 minute before adding the white wine, reduce by half. Add the stock and bring the mix to the boil.
- Place in a preheated oven at 190c and bake for 30mins until the quinoa is softened.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat a wide, heavy-based frying pan. When the pan is smoking, add some oil.
- Add the prawns, followed by the squid and fry very quickly. Add the mussels and lobster followed by some butter and stock and allow the mussels to open.
- Remove the quinoa from the oven and place the pot on a wooden board.
- Fold the chopped parsley into the quinoa. Cover the quinoa with the roasted shellfish, garnish with lemon wedges and more parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread and warm bowls.