Kevin Dundon's Pork and Chicken Stir Fry with Roasted Curried Nuts.
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp. mild curry powder
- 2 pork chops, finely sliced
- 1 chicken breast, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut or rapeseed oil
- ½ Fresh Red Chili – finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ cm ginger root, grated
- 1 Peppers thinly Sliced
- 75g mange tout or green beans
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp. soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. water - optional
- 1 Lime, Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place the nuts on a baking tray and place in the oven for 4 minutes until golden and toasted all round.
- Remove from the oven and while until hot, sprinkle the curry powder and season with salt. Toss to coat the nuts in the flavouring and let cool aside until needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the pork and chicken with the corn flour.
- Have all of the ingredients prepared in advance because you do need to stand over this dish.
- Heat a large saucepan or wok. Add a little oil to the wok together with the chilli, garlic and pork and chicken.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on full heat, then add in all of the sliced vegetables and allow these to cook for 1 minutes or so.
- Shake the pan and add the soy sauce, honey, and water to the wok. Place a lid over and cook for 30 seconds to soften all the vegetables.
- Add lime and correct the seasoning. Add in some roasted curried nuts and serve immediately.