Sliced lamb, blue cheese and plums on toast: Neven's Christmas Menu
Preparation + cooking time: 15 mins
- 400g lamb fillet, thinly sliced
- 200g-250g plums, not too ripe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch mixed spice
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 200g blue cheese, crumbled
- 25g rocket leaves
- Remove the stones from the plums and cut them into pieces.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the plums and lamb slices and cook over a high heat for approx. 5 minutes until the lamb is brown and the plums are soft. Season and sprinkle with a little mixed spice.
- Meanwhile, toast the slices of bread and crumble the blue cheese over the top.
- Top with the lamb and plum mixture and garnish with rocket leaves.
- Serve immediately with a green salad.
Tip: Don't put hot toast directly on a plate. The condensation that forms would make it soggy. First, place them on a rack or a clean cloth.