Arun's spiced sweet potato & brussel ricotta rigatoni with clementine, chestnut topping, zesty green relish.
Serves 4 to 6
- 300g dried rigatoni, cooked according to pack, but only just (as it will cook further in the roasting tray)
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into thin discs, about 15mm
- 1 tsp Green Saffron mixed spice
- 1 tblsp grapeseed oil
- 16 Brussel sprouts, halved, blanched for 1 min, cooled in ice water, reserve 6 for the relish.
- 250g ricotta
- 250g crème fraiche, full fat
- 150g ‘melty cheese’, coarsely grated mature Cheddar is great
- Pinch salt and pepper to season
- 4 fresh chestnuts, peeled, finely sliced
- 50g Parmesan, shaved with a ‘speed peeler’
- 2 Clementines, segmented
- 1 lemon, zested
- Small handful flat leaf parsley
- 6 Brussel sprouts, blanched, coarsely grated
- Juice and zest of two lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine with 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Turn your oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4
- Rub the discs with spice and oil, roast in the oven until only just cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Turn your oven up to 200 ˚C, gas mark 7
- In a large bowl, whisk the ricotta, crème fraiche, then add grated cheese, salt and pepper, stir through then add the cooked pasta, gently combine to coat well.
- Add the sprouts, decant into a large shallow roasting tray, poke the sweet potato discs into the pasta in even rows so half of each is submerged, half exposed
- 5. Pop into your oven to warm through for about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and attractively scatter over the topping ingredients and we’re ready.
- Take the roasting tray to the table along with the relish and some warm plates. Yum!