These tasty friands will keep fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
- 175g butter melted
- 120g ground almonds
- 6 egg whites lightly beaten
- 180g icing sugar – sieved
- 60g Plain flour
- 6 plums, stones removed and quartered
- 100 g sugar
- A handful of skinned pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- First, poach the plums, bring 100g of sugar and 100mls of water to a gentle simmer, add the plums and poach for 7 minutes until tender. Allow to cool in the syrup.
- Lightly butter a 12 hole mini muffin tin.
- Mix the butter, ground almonds, egg whites, icing sugar and flour together and half fill the muffin holes.
- Divide the plums between the friands and sprinkle chopped pistachio nuts on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes or so before gently removing from the tin and cooling on a wire rack. These will keep fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
Spoon a little Greek yoghurt on top, sprinkle with shredded mint and dust with icing sugar.