Kevin's Tip: Add a layer of mash potatoes for a bulkier dinner!
- 400 g crabmeat, shell removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 50 ml white wine
- 150 ml fish stock
- 50 ml fresh cream
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese
- 80g rocket leaves to serve
- fresh bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the shallots. Cook for a minute until translucent. Add the cornflour and cook a further minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. As the sauce thickens add the fish stock, cream and mustard.
- Once the sauce returns to a simmer add in the crab meat and stir through. Remove from the heat and season with lemon juice and zest and with some salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the mature cheddar over the top and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.