You can do a larger version if you wish, just add extra 4-5 minutes cooking on medium heat!
- In a large bowl, sieve the plain flour and the bread soda and add the salt and rosemary.
- Pour in the buttermilk and combine until soft "sticky" dough is achieved.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted, immediately ‘drop’ some of the batter into the pan to create 3 or 4 scones.
- Add a few tablespoons of water around the edge of the scones then cover with a lid.
- Cook on medium/low heat, for about 2-3 minutes or until brown on the edge on the bottom then flip and continue to cook covered for about another 2-3 minutes or so until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cut into slices. Spread some butter and serve immediately.