Following the Celebrity Operation Transformation food plan? Check out this fillet steak, mushroom & creamy spinach from week 1.
Portion calories: 550
- 2 fillet steaks (250g total)
- 100g spinach
- 50g kale, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100ml cooking cream
- 100ml low-fat milk
- 300g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- bunch of parsley, chopped
- 150g baby potatoes
- Food Staples
- 5 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- Place the baby potatoes in a pot of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender (15-20 mins).
- Season steaks with a little salt and pepper.
- Add 3 tsp oil to a pan on high heat.
- Cook as desired ( 2mins each side = rare, 3 mins each side = medium, 4 mins each side = well done).
- Transfer steaks to a warm plate and allow to rest.
- To the same pan add butter over a medium heat
- When butter is melted add onions and cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Add chopped parsley.
- In a separate pan add 2 tsp oil over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and kale and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooking cream and milk.
- Bring to a bubble and then reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the mushrooms with the juices over the steak and serve with the creamed spinach.