Lina Gautam's Mince lamb with baby potato and baby spinach: Today with Maura and Daithí.
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 300 gm mince lamb
- ½ tsp tumeric powder
- ½ tsp salt or to your taste
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp of finely chopped root ginger
- 1 fresh chili finely chopped with seeds
- 6 baby potatoes peeled and halved
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 200 gm of baby spinach, washed
- 2 fresh salad tomatoes finely chopped or 2 tbsp chopped tin tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of natural yogurt
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Once oil is hot, fry cumin seeds
- Add mince meat with tumeric, salt and onion. Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until mince is cooked.
- add garlic ginger, chili, potatoes and cook until potatoes gets cooked.
- Add garam masala, stir well and add tomatoes.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes get soft and mix well with the dish.
- At the end stir baby spinach.
- Taste, adjust your seasoning if you have to and serve hot with natural yoghurt and any types of bread.
Tips: Lamb mince can be substituted by beef, chicken or turkey. I serve it with homemade flat bread (roti) but it is lovely with naan bread or even with rice.