It's all about portion control with this rich and satisfying steak and spuds.
Operation Transformation is back on our screens for its tenth season which means a whole host of delicious and healthy new recipes. This week, it's all about portion control with this rich and satisfying steak and spuds.
- 250g sirloin/fillet steak
- 250g potatoes, peeled
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat grill at a medium temperature
- Place potatoes in a pot of boiling water - simmer until tender approximately 15-20 minutes
- In a pot combine crushed garlic and butter and stir well
- Steam broccoli until tender for 8 minutes approx
- Place steaks under the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes for medium cooked, or approximately 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well cooked
- Turn the steaks half way through
- Drain water from potatoes, add garlic butter and milk and mash together
- Take the two steak fillets out from under the grill and serve with the mashed potatoes