In brand new Tastes Like Home, Catherine Fulvio makes her very own homemade rashers! You can make your own with the recipe below which will make approx. 20 large rashers.
In brand new Tastes Like Home, Catherine Fulvio makes her very own home made rashers! You can make your own with the recipe below which will make approx. 20 large rashers.
- 1.2 kg pork loin deboned making sure there is still fat on the top and round.
- 150g salt
- 250g brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. allspice
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves crushed
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
- Mix the salt, sugar, spices and herbs and rub well into the pork loin, covering all sides. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, turning over once a day and re-rubbing in and excess salt and spices. The cure will penetrate the meat and liquid will come out, discard the excess liquid daily.
- After the 4-5 days, rub off all the salt mix and dry off the cured loin.
- With a sharp knife, cut the rashers into the desired thickness and fry until golden.
- These are dry cure rashers without preservatives and will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. It’s best to cut the rashers as needed.