Want something that makes everything taste better? Whether it be meringues, cakes, scones, even toast! Eva shows you just how easy, and delicious, this Lemon Curd is to whip up.
Delicious Circles' Lemon Curd is easy to make and will go down an absolute treat with meringues, cakes, scones, even toast! Eva shows you just how easy, and delicious, this Lemon Curd is to make.
- 2 small - medium Lemons
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 90g Butter
- 4 Free Range Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Zest the lemons.
- Put the salt, sugar, butter, zest and juice of the lemons into a heavy bottomed saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the butter and sugar have melted and combined. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the beaten egg yolks to the saucepan and whisk. Pop back onto a low-medium heat. The mixture will start to thicken, when it begins to bubble take it off the heat.
- Pass the lemon curd through a sieve into a bowl. Cover with cling film (make sure the cling film is in direct contact with the curd to prevent it from forming a skin) and pop into the fridge for at least an hour.
- When the curd has cooled and you are ready to use it give it a good mix to break it up and then use in or on anything you like; cake, scones, biscuits, toast, whatever!
For more Christmas treats and festive cheer, check out RTÉ Food!