Devour these delicious brownies with a tall glass of cold milk.
For a small batch:
- 150g Butter (plus a little extra for greasing)
- 150g Chocolate (70% Cocoa +)
- 3 eggs
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 110g Flour
- 75g Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease and line a baking tray.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large (heatproof) bowl over a pot of simmering water, make sure the water is simmering not boiling, as this will burn the chocolate and leave you with bitter brownies.
- Add walnuts to the chocolate mixture. I like to keep the walnuts chunky as it adds texture and crunch to the brownies.
- Combine the Flour and Caster Sugar in a separate bowl and mix them together, then add these to the Chocolate mix and stir till incorporated.
- Beat the eggs and then add them to the rest of the ingredients, mix well until it reaches a silky consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and pop into the oven for approx 25-30 mins.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the baking tray. When they are cool to the touch slice into squares. The brownies should be soft and dense inside with a firm crisp outside.