Mark Moriarty visited Today with Maura and Dáithí on RTÉ one to share this unbelievable recipe for chicken nuggets with garlic and cheese wedges. Yum and much healthier than the takeaway versions.
- 4 chicken breasts, diced into large chunks
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50g plain flour
- 50ml eggwash
- 4 large rooster potatoes, cut into wedge shapes
- 10g polenta
- 10g smoked paprika
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 50g pre made mayonnaise
- 1 head of garlic
- 50g piece parmesan cheese
- bunch chives, chopped
- Gather the chicken and dice and roll the nuggets in the flour, followed by the egg, followed by the breadcrumb. Repeat this process and set the nuggets aside.
- Place the wedges in a bowl along with the paprika, oil and polenta, some salt and mix. Place on a baking tray and cook at 180 degrees celcius for 40mins until soft inside and crispy on the outside.
- Cover the head of garlic in tinfoil and place in the oven at 180 degrees for the same time as the wedges
- Heat a frying pan with some vegetable oil and cook the nuggets on both sides until golden brown. Remove them and place them on a tray and cook in the oven at 180c for 5mins depending on the thickness. If unsure use a probe to check the core temperature or stick a skewer in the middle to see if the juices run clear.
- Next remove the garlic and squeeze the roasted pulp into the mayonnaise, season and set aside.
- To assemble, place the nuggets on the plate along with the wedges, cover the wedges in the mayonnaise. Grate some parmesan over the mayonnaise and finish with chopped chives.