Every Monday on Today with Maura and Dáithí, Neven Maguire has shared recipes for expecting and breastfeeding mums. To finish up this series of recipes, Neven is giving us some snack ideas for toddlers!
The food and drinks that a pregnant mother chooses can have a big influence on the child’s future health. School performance, a risk of developing common adult diseases such as heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes are all greatly influenced by pregnancy diet.
Neven's Snack Ideas:
- Melon ball skewers (using different varieties)
- Cheese cubes with red and green grapes on skewers (be careful with those skewers though)
- Banana wrap – smear vanilla yoghurt on a wholemeal wrap, put in a peeled banana, then roll up to enclose and cut into quarters
- Mini wholemeal pittas filled with lettuce, turkey, tomato relish and cherry tomatoes
- Baby carrots
- Roasted red pepper hummus (shop-bought or homemade)
To catch up on this episode of Today with Maura and Dáithí, click here for the RTÉ Player.