We're egg-static to share this healthy, quick and easy Omelette Stir Fry!
- 2 Golden Irish eggs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs-parsley, chives, coriander
- 2.5cm/1” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, cut into batons
- ¼ head of Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli
- Soy sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Whisk the eggs and add in the herbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and pour in the whisked eggs.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and slide onto a plate, roll up, cut into strips and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a hot pan and add the ginger and garlic quickly followed by the carrots, peppers, spring onions and courgette.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes then toss in the shredded cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet chilli, soy sauce, oyster sauce and seasme oil and toss gently.
- Serve with the herb omelette on top and garnish with a little coriander.
Note: Swap in your favourite vegetables cut to the same size as the rest. Sugar snap peas, broccoli, baby corn, mushrooms and beansprouts are all fantastic choices.
Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs