Eunice visited Today with Maura and Dáithí to show us how to make an extremely tasty toastie. Tomato and Mushroom with Goats cheese on toast is the ultimate on-the-go food or breakfast treat!
- 2 thick slices of sour dough or another good bread
- 3 breakfast mushrooms
- 3 large tomatoes
- A drizzle of olive oil and a knob of butter
- A tablespoon of apple chutney
- A few basil leaves to decorate
- A dessertspoon for toasted pine nuts
- 60g Goats cheese
- Slice the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat, and add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft – this should take just a few minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the bread, then spread some chutney on each slice, put chutney side up on a warm plate.
- Pile the mushrooms and tomatoes on the two slices of toast.
- Crumble the goats cheese over each toast and sprinkle with pine nuts and basil.
- Serve immediately.