Looking for an alternative? Try hemp milk with this easy recipe.
- 1 cup hemp seeds (in their shells)
- 0.25 cup almonds
- 4 or 5 pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In separate bowls, soak the hemp seeds, almonds and dates for at least four hours - or you can leave them to soak overnight.
- When ready to make the milk, drain and rinse the seeds and nuts and put into the blender along with the dates, the date soaking water, vanilla, sea salt and about 4 cups of water.
- Blend for several minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Strain the milk into a jug using a nutmilk bag - or you can use a clean nylon stocking or cheesecloth set inside a sieve.
- Store in the fridge.