Have you ever made your own ice-cream? Betcha you'll think it takes extra delicious.
- 150g (5oz) caster or granulated sugar
- big pinch of salt flakes
- 500ml (18fl oz) milk
- 2 egg whites
- 250ml (9fl oz) double or regular cream
- Place the sugar, salt and the milk in a saucepan on a medium heat. Stir together just until the sugar has dissolved, then set aside.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until slightly fluffy (a minute or two is fine). Add the cream to the milk mixture, then combine with the egg white.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the freezer/manufacturer's instructions.