They'll be fighting over the washing up tonight because there's very little to do with this dish plus it's a great family meal so an all-round crowd pleaser from Neven's Healthy Home Chef cooking show on RTÉ One.
- 250g (9oz) minced lamb
- 50g (2oz) fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 red onions, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 courgette, cut into batons
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled handful of good-quality pitted
- Black olives, halved
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Neven says: "There is no doubt that all the family will enjoy this healthy option, plus there is very little cleaning up as an added bonus. This one tray Greek lamb mezze not only cooks everything together in one roasting tin in the oven, but it can be brought straight to the table with a flourish."
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6).
- Place the lamb, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano and seasoning in a bowl, then grate in half an onion and add 1 table- spoon of the parsley. Using your hands, mix until well combined and shape into eight even-sized patties.
- Place in a large, shallow roasting tin.
- Cut the rest of the onion halves into wedges and arrange them around the lamb patties with the potato wedges, courgette batons and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle over the olive oil and season to taste.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, turning everything once, until the lamb patties are cooked through and the vegetables are all tender and lightly charred.
- Remove the tin from the oven and scatter over the feta cheese and black olives with the rest of the parsley. Bring straight to the table to allow everyone to help themselves.
Watch Neven Maguire's Healthy Home Chef on RTÉ One tonight at 7.30pm, Wednesday February 17 at 7.30pm and if you miss it, catch up on the RTÉ Player here.