Prawn's are a snazzy starter any time of the year but there is something special and traditional about having them at Christmas but Neven, as always, give us a tasty twist on the norm.
- 1 small cos lettuce (2)
- 300g cooked peeled Dublin Bay prawns
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled and cut into small dice
- finely grated rind of 1 lime and lime separated into segments
- about 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- salad cress, to garnish
Speaking on his RTÉ One TV show, Neven's Christmas Special, he said: "This fresh, light canapé will compliment any canapé selection. Just don’t let them hang around for too as they will loose their crispness and begin to wilt."
- Divine the cos lettuce into individual leaves, trimming down the large outside leaves so that they are all roughly the same size – you’ll need 20 in total. Place in a large bowl and cover with cling film. Chill until ready to use. Use the very small centre leaves in a sandwich or for another dish.
- Chop the Dublin Bay prawns if large and place in a bowl with the mango, lime rind and segments. Dress with the rapeseed oil, mixing well to combine and season to taste. Cover with cling film and chill until ready to use - you can prepare this up to 4 hours in advance.
Arrange the little lettuce leaves on a serving platter, spoon in a little of the prawn and mango mixture and finish each one with a few sprigs of salad cress to serve.