The combination of sweet citrus with rosemary and mustard makes this a versatile dressing. It can be used not only on your favourite green salad, but to marinate chicken in, dress fish fillets with or to drizzle over vegetables.
- 100 ml olive or avocado oil
- 2 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 tsp freshly grated ClemenGold rind
- 5 tblsp freshly squeezed ClemenGold juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ClemenGold, peeled and segmented
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the oil and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Add the ClemenGold rind and juice with mustard and honey and whisk together until well blended.
- Cut the ClemenGold segments into smaller pieces and stir with the rosemary into the oil mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the dressing on your favourite combination of salad leaves and fresh herbs for a delicious yet simple salad. The dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week. If made in advance, only add the segment pieces just before serving.
More ways to use this dressing:
1. The flavours of this dressing combine well with roasted beetroot and creamy feta or goats’ cheese, served on rocket as a salad or starter. Add drained chickpeas as a light lunch.
2. For an alternative salad idea, drizzle the dressing over cucumber ribbons, thinly sliced baby cabbage and more ClemenGold segments.
3. Use the dressing as a marinade for chicken, fish fillets or even pork and lamb.
4. The ClemenGold dressing is also perfect to add when roasting butternut or sweet potato .
5. Use the dressing as a cook-in-sauce. Place chicken portions with onion and butternut or brinjal in an oven dish. Add more ClemenGold segements if preferred. Pour the dressing over and roast at 180 °C until cooked. Serve on herby couscous.