- 1 tblsp cooking oil
- 400g prawn heads
- 200g carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 200g onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 4 tblsp tomato purée
- 2 l water
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tblsp dried french tarragon
- 1 tblsp ground coriander
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 375g diced fish chowder mix
- 170ml carton cream
- 50g butter, softened
- 50g flour
- Cream, to serve
- Heat a large saucepan and add the oil.
- Cook the prawn heads and prepared vegetables in the pan over a high heat, crushing the prawn shells as you cook.
- Add the tomato purée and the water, simmer for about 30 minutes and then strain.
- Add the garlic, coriander and tarragon.
- Make a paste with 50g soft butter and 50g flour.
- Spoon a little of the hot prawn stock into the paste, stirring to mix.
- Pour this paste back into the hot prawn stock, stirring over the heat at the same time and continue to stir until you get a thickened stock.
- Season and simmer for half an hour to cook out the flour.
- Add the chowder mix and cream.
- Garnish with some fresh crab meat, cream and parsley oil.