A great combination of flavours.
- For the Salad:
- 4fl.oz (110ml) mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 5fl.oz (150g) green leaves such as baby spinach, watercress or rocket, shredded
- 14oz (400g) cooked crab meat
- 4oz (110g) sweet corn
- For the Croutons:
- 4oz (110g) slightly stale bread, torn or cut into chunks
- ½oz (15g) butter
- 2fl.oz (50ml) extra virgin olive oil
- To Serve:
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- chopped chives or sliced spring onions
- First make the croutons. Place a frying pan on a high heat and add in the butter and the olive oil. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, tip in the bread chunks and toss on the high heat for a few minutes until the bread is golden. Immediately tip the croutons onto kitchen paper and allow to sit for a few minutes while you make the salad.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and the Tabasco sauce. Stir in the shredded leaves, crab meat and sweet corn , then season to taste, adding more Tabasco if you wish.
- Transfer the crab salad onto plates or a large serving bowl and scatter the croutons, tomatoes and the chopped chives or spring onions over the top.