Try this tasty recipe from Rozanne Stevens.
- 4 garlic and coriander naan breads
- 250 ml tomato passata
- 4 tsp spicy ketchup
- 150 g grated mature cheddar cheese
- roasted veggies:
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 courgettes, sliced into thin discs
- 1 aubergine, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200'C.
- On a baking tray, mix the veggies with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of passata and 1 teaspoon of spicy ketchup onto each naan bread. Mix well with the back of the spoon.
- Pile a generous amount of roasted vegetables onto each naan pizza and sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Bake at 200'C until the the cheese melts and become golden.
- Serve with a green salad.
The Ish Factor: Naan bread is a delicious, traditional Indian flatbread, it's origins first recorded in 13AD. There are many different types of naan bread, ranging from the plain naan which is simply brushed with ghee (clarified butter), through to garlic naan, naan sprinkled with sesame seeds and a huge range of stuffed naan breads. These are an entire meal on their own and vary from cooked onions, paneer (a traditional soft cheese), spiced mashed potatoes, minced meat and even sweet fillings of nuts, raisins and pistachios. You can make your own or buy good quality naan bread which, if wrapped properly, freezes well.