A great taste.
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper, roasted, cored and diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 150ml (¼ pint) vegetable stock
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tblsp soya lecithin
- Place the rapeseed oil in a pan and add the red pepper, garlic, tomato purée, paprika, stock and milk. Bring to the boil, then add the basil and season to taste.
- Blend to a purée with a hand blender, then pass through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Add the soya lecithin and hand blend to achieve a foam by bringing the head of the blender from the very bottom of the pan to the top of the liquid. Use immediately.
This can be made in advance up to the stage where it is passed through a sieve. Store in the fridge covered in clingfilm for up to 2 days, then reheat in a pan and add the soya lecithin at the last minute just before frothing.