The sausage meat gives the stuffing an extra kick of flavour.
- 75 g (3oz) butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (rosemary, sage and thyme)
- 50 g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 175 g (6oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 225 g (8oz) pork sausagemeat
- maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F), Gas mark 5. Heat a frying pan and add the butter.
- Add the onion and herbs and cook for a few minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the toasted pine nuts and then stir in breadcrumbs, mixing well to combine.
- Season to taste. Wrap the stuffing in buttered tin foil and shape into a large sausage shape. This can be cooked in oven underneath the turkey for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and tender.