Your own will taste all the sweeter!
- 500g Jus-Rol™ puff pastry ready rolled sheet, thawed
- 3 red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 3 thyme
- 4 tblsp tapenade
- 1 English goat's cheese crottin, sliced into 5 equal slices
- 30g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Beaten egg, to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based frying pan and gently sauté the onions until tender – this will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, thyme leaves and sugar and allow the latter to melt. Season with freshly ground black pepper and allow to cool completely.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut into half across the length to give two rectangles, trim off edges using a sharp knife.
- Spread the tapenade over the pastry pieces leaving a border all round, then divide the cooled onion mixture between the two and spread evenly over the tapenade, again leaving a border.
- Finally, cut each cheese slice in half and arrange five pieces on each. Brush the border with beaten egg and bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry risen and golden and the cheese softened. Serve with a crisp winter salad.
Recipe courtesy of Jus Roll.