Clodagh McKenna's take on a lighter Summer cheesecake.
- 400 g ricotta
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tblsp flour
- grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 200 g caster sugar
- 70 g butter
- 12 digestive biscuits, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl and mix the yolks of the eggs, followed by the flour, lemon zest and juice, and caster sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and fold into the ricotta mixture.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat and melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 24cm spring tin and press it down using the back of a spoon to
- create a biscuit base.
- Pour the lemon ricotta mixture over the biscuit base. Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.