The staple of any barbecue, John Donlon from Heat serves up chips and a burger guaranteed to please during the sunny weather.
For the sauce:
- 3 tblsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- for the coleslaw:
- 1/4 head white cabbage (chopped into 2" strands)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
For the burgers:
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 lb mince meat
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 rings fresh pineapple
- 8 slices white cheddar
- 4 bundies (halved)
- 1 tomato (thinly sliced)
- To make the chips peel 4 good sized potatoes and cut into thick chips. Place in cold water to get rid of starch until ready to cook.
- Firstly make the chilli mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise and the chilli sauce together. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge.
- Next make the coleslaw by mixing the cabbage and carrot together and adding mayonnaise, then seasoning.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a sauce pan add the diced onion and crushed garlic clove. Sweat for about 2 mins. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Place the mince in a bowl, add the eggs and the cooled onion and garlic and mix well together. Then take it out and shape it into 4 burgers.
- Place them under a pre heated grill and cook for 7-8 mins on each side or until you are satisfied they are cooked to your taste.
- While the burgers are cooking take the chips out of the water, place on kitchen paper and dry. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Next place the 4 rings of pineapple on the grill and cook until caramelised then put 2 slices of cheese on top and melt. then toast your buns.
- On top of your bun place a burger then your pineapple, then 2 slices of tomato and drizzle over the mayonnaise.
- Place on your plate with your chips and coleslaw. Then enjoy!