A gem from Martin Shanahan in the Surf 'n' Turf series
- 2 fillets of mackerel per person
- 2 queen scallops
- 1 oz fresh crabmeat
- 2 oz breadcrumbs mixed with some parsley
- 1 bread roll
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 bottle of 'McDaid's Football Special'
- 2 tbs of dijon mustard
- 2 tblsp honey
- 100 ml cream
- 50 g butter
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and white pepper
- Fry the onions until soft, add the Football Special and cook out for 10 mins.
- Heat cream in a pot. Whisk in butter and add lemon juice. Season and set aside.
- Fry off scallops and add to the sauce.
- Fold in the crabmeat and spoon into scallop shell. Top with the parsley breadcrumb.
- Mix honey and mustard together.
- Season fish and fry in hot pan for 3 mins on each side.
- Spread honey and mustard on hot bread roll and top with fried onions.
- Add the mackerel and garnish with wild rocket.
- Grill the scallop shell and serve on a plate of Donegal's finest turf.