A childhood favourite inspired dish from Conn Mac Cormaic on MasterChef Ireland
- 150 g flour
- 300 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- punnet of strawberries
- 250 ml cream
- 30 ml brandy
- 50 g butter
- 50 g castor sugar
- Make the crepé mixture by adding flour, sugar, egg, salt and half milk, whisk until you form a paste then add the rest of the milk. Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Put the lemon and lime zest and juice into cream and whisk until firm. Add sugar and whisk again, chop strawberries in half.
- Mix sugar, butter, orange zest and fry in pan, add brandy, remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour crepé mixture onto lightly buttered pan, just enough to cover the base and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Then add orange mixture onto crepé while in the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Remove and wrap crepés into rolls, place on dish, put citrus cream on the side and place half strawberries on top.