From episode three of MasterChef Ireland 2012
- 8 thai shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 red chillis
- kaffir lime leaves
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- coriander leaves + stalks
- thai chilli paste
- fish sauce
- 2 limes
- vegetable oil
- Chop shallots, chilli, galangal, lemon grass.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot. Fry off above ingredients until the shallots have softened.
- Chop garlic and add to the pot with kaffir lime leaves
- Add stock and simmer gently. De shell and de-vein prawns.
- Add the prawns to the broth in the last 3 mins.
- Remove when almost fully cooked.
- Strain the broth.
- Place the prawns in the bottom of a bowl and pour over the strained broth.
- Garnish with finely sliced chilli and coriander.