Wave goodbye to the winter blues with this tasty salad
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 tin of peas
- 1 tin of gherkins
- 4 eggs
- 3 organic chicken breasts
- dill to garnish
- Boil the potatoes, carrots, eggs and chicken (in separate pots) and leave to cool.
- Chop into small pieces all the ingredients and mix together.
- Add salt and mayonnaise.
- Make sure that the balance of ingredients is correct, winter salad is colourful.
- The Russians instead of chicken often use cows tongue and during the summer the gherkins are replaced with fresh cucumber.
Recipe courtesy of Monica Loughman on Four Live.