Plate your rosti and lay the cod on top and a few dollops of cream sauce to finish.
- 4 thick cod steaks
- 1 kg potatoes (preferably roosters or something similar)
- small handful of thyme
- sea salt and white pepper
- vegetable oil for cooking
- for the cream sauce:
- 250 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- handful of chives (chopped)
- 50 ml cream
- 50 g butter
- 300 g leeks (finely sliced)
- salt and pepper
For the Rosti:
- Peel the potatoes.
- Grate potatoes.
- Remove excess water by wrapping potato grating in dry tea towel.
- Squeeze the extra liquid over a bowl or sink.
- Season the potato with sea salt and white pepper.
- Add a selection of fresh herbs.
- Evenly spread the grated potato into a hot pan.
- Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn your Rosti, adding one or two more cubes of butter.
For the Cod:
- Season plain flour.
- Coat the fish fillet in flour.
- Tap off the excess flour.
- Add butter to hot pan.
- Add your fish, a drop of water and put the lid on.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
For the Cream Sauce:
- Chop your onions and mushrooms.
- Finely slice leeks.
- Sweat onions in butter until soft.
- Add mushrooms, cream, butter, chives and some sea salt.
- Plate your rosti and lay the cod on top and a few dollops of cream sauce to finish.