Another delicious fish dish from Martin Shanahan.
- 2 fillets of hake
- salt & pepper
- rapeseed oil for cooking
- 1 fennel bulb (shredded)
- 2 cooked beetroot (cubed)
- juice & zest of a fresh orange
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 small onion, diced
- a handful of capers
- knob of butter
- sea salt
- 3 tblsp rapeseed or olive oil
- juice of 1 orange
- Shred the fennel & dice the onion.
- In a wide pan heat the oil & sweat the onion and fennel with a little drop of water, turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Cube the beetroot into a bowl and chop in the mint.
- Add a nice squeeze of orange. Mix & refrigerate.
- Coat the fish in seasoned flour and tap off the excess.
- Heat some oil in a hot pan and fry fish on both sides with a drop of water until golden brown.
- To the fennel & onions add the capers, a knob of butter, some orange zest and season with sea salt.
- Plate the fennel and lay the fish on top with a spoon of beetroot salsa over.
- Finally finish with a drizzle of rapeseed oil.